After running this blog for almost a year and recently reaching 50k supporters on I figured it would be a good idea to share some facts about me including the answers to some questions that usually flood my inbox. I’ll be honest, it took a while to come up with these facts, but here goes… Here are 50 facts about me.
1. If most haven’t realised as yet, I’m a Caribbean gal; Jamaica is home! (Thompson Town, Clarendon)
2. I’ve been travelling since 2013 but been blogging about it for only a year or so.
3. By the ending of 2016 I would have travelled to almost 30 countries.
4. February is a legendary month! Come on, even Bob Marley’s birthday is celebrated 2 days before mine. (Mine is February 8th)
5. Documentaries are my favourite and they encourage a lot of my trips.
6. If you were suppose to check my everyday bag these are the things you’d find: iPhone charger, card case, lip gloss, nail polish. For some reason I never have cash, I always use a card.
7. If you were suppose to ask someone which current public figure is my muse; they’ll probably say Adele. (This woman is like magic to me)
8. My dream destination as we speak is Iceland. I’ve been dreaming of that country for a very long time and hope to be planning a trip there soon.
9. I was once a Tourism & Hospitality major in college.
10. As strange as this might sound, I have a fear for flying.
11. I’ve lived in the U.S, Ecuador and Chile.
12. Aside from English and Jamaican Patois, I’m also fluent in Spanish, able understand Portuguese, French and a little Italian.
13. Country setting over city life.
14. I hate shopping/going to the mall. If I can, I will just buy what I need online.
15. The Mediterranean cuisine holds a very special place in the food section of my heart.
16. I’m not a very good swimmer. Being completely immersed under water is just not my forte. (Currently working on my fear for water)
17. Shea is actually my middle name.
18. I wear braids.
19. I drink coffee and tea without sugar. I’ve been doing that for the last couple of years.
20. I use a cannon camera to take photos. I will do a blog post on this soon.
21. Elephants are so adorable. I love ’em!
22. I have a big family; 2 sisters and 3 brothers, tons of aunts and uncles. I’m the youngest.
23. I’m 26 years old.
24. I like to eat strawberries with salt (a little strange, ain’t it?)
25. Played the sport Netball all through primary and high school. Also, track & field is life.
26. Halfway through the 50 facts! Here’s 26, gummy bear is my favourite candy!
27. I went camping for the first time, this year in Colombia.
28. Travelling has simple changed my life for the better.
29. I’m 5ft & 4inches of too damn short. ;D
30. I used to play the violin.
31. I’m such a huge fan of the tv show Pretty Little Liars.
32. I hate pulp in orange juice or in any juice as a matter of fact.
33. I happen to have friends all over the world. Free stays when I visit! (wooohooo) I hope they’re reading this.
34. A lot of the times I google the cheapest airfare from where I am and just go there.
32. My goal is to empower and inspire.
33. I don’t’ have a favourite country, they’re all so beautiful and different in their own way. But, I have unique experiences which makes some countries personally more interesting than others.
34. This is probably another obvious fact, but I travel the world solo.
35. I use a tripod and a remote timer to take my photos.
36. Last year this time I had 4000 supporters on Instagram now I have 50,000. (Thank you guys so much)
37. I plan my own work schedule. (Not as easy as it might sound)
38. I’m probably not the best beach buddy. Meanwhile you enjoy the sun and sea, you’ll find me under a tree taking photos.
39. I was once so conscious about my gap. (In the process of overcoming…)
40. I watch tons of tv series while traveling, whilst there is wifi, you can bet that I’ll be catching up on the latest episodes.
41. I stay at home on ‘vacations’.
42. Listening to ‘Return of Innocence’ is how relax
43. Pineapples and mangoes get my taste buds excited.
44. Slightly obsessed to always having things in order.
45. I write/blog on my phone instead of the computer.
46. I take photos with my back turned usually because I feel like the focus should be more on the destination and not me.
47. I travel with my Jamaican passport and it’s not the easiest to get visas with but when I do I feel accomplished. (Not to confuse anyone, but this is the only passport I own)
48. I’m a firm believer in, “everything happens for a reason.”
49. Although travel writing/blogging is so much fun and I enjoy doing it so much, it wasn’t initially what I planned on doing.
50. The following quote is me in a nutshell- ‘Change is inevitable, live it and embrace it’!